Thursday, January 14, 2010

Twiddling Thumbs

I 'strongly dislike' (hate) waiting and I hate being bored. I've decided that both of these things are big bummers and make me grumpy.

I'm waiting on a reference letter to be sent to the University of Puget Sound...it's a letter that will allow me to maybe play out the next year as I've anticipated. If, however, the letter doesn't get sent by tomorrow...perhaps this entire year will be blown. Yes, this sounds mildly over-dramatic...probably because it is. The point here is that relying on other people really blows. They, without question, will let you down at some point or another. Certainly not all of them - but a vast majority. Therefore, it's important to pick and choose carefully. Like...vewwwwy carefullly...hunting rabbits/Elmer Fudd carefully. That's something that I've been working on quite a bit.

Hmm the bored thing...because let's be honest, I'm bored with talking about my grad school app.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have met a boy. Yeah, yeah, yeah...big surprise...but let's review: While I normally have a small collection of boys around, they're generally just the space fillers. They're the stunt doubles who really suck at stunts anyways. I mean, sure, some are cute, fun, fabulous. Most though, are around because they provide certain things that I enjoy. Be it good backrubs or good cookies, it's nice to have them. That is, after all, the idea of dating..and I'm certainly getting my practice.

Every now and then though, there's a boy that comes along that is rather special. He doesn't bore me, doesn't annoy me, doesn't ______. Ya know. Nope, this one keeps me on my toes. I've decided that that is one of THE most important things I look for in a guy. I need a guy who will grab my hand and run with me through the sprinklers at 2am...both literally and figuratively. I have all these 'things' that I look for in a guy and, in reality, it boils down to the excitement and spontaneity factors i.e. NOT being bored. What a novel concept? ;)
Let's quickly clarify that I'm also a sucker for boys who have their lives together, love/have dogs or cats, give great backrubs, etc. ;)

I find myself hanging on to someone who has many of these characteristics in his 'ideal' self. Sadly however, that's a self that I haven't gotten to see much...at least as of yet. When I'm presented with someone who shows his ideal self much more regularly, it throws me off a bit. That's all I have to say for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment